– Dr. Pedro Mayoral will talk to us throughout this course about a part of dental sleep medicine that all dentists should know about, and it is the one that deals with respiratory disorders related to snoring and apnea. dream.
– We will be able to learn the fundamentals of sleep medicine, the importance of diagnosis in order to carry out a correct treatment of snoring and sleep apnea, and finally see the role of the dentist and how we can carry out the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea with mandibular advancement devices.
The course is divided into 3 different modules:
1.- Fundamentals of sleep medicine
3.- Treatment with intraoral appliances
Who is it for?
Objectives and Competences
– The course tries to instruct us on the main foundations that every dentist should know about sleep medicine.
– You will learn the keys to make a proper diagnosis of snoring and sleep apnea that allows you to carry out a correct treatment.
– You will also know the necessary intraoral devices and their management to carry out the proper treatment of snoring and sleep apnea.
Unlimited Access 6m
You will be able to access the course whenever you want with your access data, for 6 months.
3h15m of Online Video (3 Mod.)
Video session recorded in FullHD. See the presentation and the Instructor on your screen, as if you were live.
BASICS OF SLEEP MEDICINE - 1h 5min
– Sleep functions
– Phases of sleep
– snoring and apnea
DIAGNOSIS TO PERFORM CORRECTLY THE TREATMENT OF SNORING AND DREAM APNEA - 1h
– What is the dream story?
– Quizzes and sleep tests
– Clinical assessment
– Physical exploration
– Diagnostic tests
TREATMENT WITH INTRAORAL APPARATOLOGY - 1h 15min
– Mechanism of action of the DAM
– Adverse effects
Dr. Pedro Mayoral Sanz
Exclusive Orthodontic Practice in Madrid
– Doctor in Dentistry from the UCM (Doctoral Thesis with Outstanding Cum Laude in 2003)
– Specialist in Orthodontics (in exclusive practice since 1991)
– Professor of Orthodontics Department of Dentistry Alfonso X University of Madrid
– Expert in Dental Sleep Medicine
– Founding Member and Training Coordinator of SEMDeS
– Director of the Dental Sleep Medicine Program at UCAM University at Hospital Ruber Internacional (Madrid)
– Director of the Program of University Specialist in Dental Medicine of Sleep Alfonso X University of Madrid
– Author of a Utility Model Patent for a mandibular advancement device for the treatment of Sleep Apnea and Snoring ES 1 056 960 U of 2004.
– Member of the Scientific Committee of Orthoapnea since 2016
– President of the Iberoamerican Society of Oral Sleep Medicine SIMODS
– Founding Member of the AMADE Association of Dentofacial Malformations
– Author of scientific articles, and speaker at conferences with conferences, communications, posters and clinical sessions.